Happy Wednesday darlings!
So a few weeks ago, the lovely A Healthy Nut nominated this ol’ blog of rants and nothingness for her Liebster Award!!!! Excuse me while I happy dance in the corner 😛
Thank you A Healthy Nut, never would I have dreamed of having readers, let alone be nominated for anything! If you don’t know who A Healthy Nut is, you’re missing out so head over there! 😀
Now for the rules *DUN DUN DUNNN* 😛 First one check and now onto the next one!
Rules to follow:
1. You must link back to the person who nominated you.
2. You must answer the 10 questions given to you by the person who nominated you.
3. You must pick 10 bloggers to be nominated for the award.
4. You must create 10 questions for your nominees.
5. You must go to their blogs and notify the nominees.
My response to the 10 questions by A Healthy Nut
1. What made you start up your own blog ?
As some of you might know (or might not!), I started this blog to document my journey to happiness, to find passion, quirks, silver linings, and ultimately, to find myself. A blog was the perfect way to just jot all of this down, from random thoughts to rants to little achievements along the way! It was a product of a spontaneous moment, a moment of inspiration that threw me into the world of WordPress and I’ve never looked back since. 😀 As part of my journey, I’ve decided to revamp my diet, lifestyle and just overall wellbeing and that’s basically what this little humble blog of mine is about!
2. What’s your best piece of healthy advice to others ?
“Never give up, you’re capable of more than you think.”
Personally, I used to find it really hard to just keep myself motivated and keep to this lifestyle but I never ever let myself give up because you just don’t know what you can accomplish if you don’t, if you keep grilling, keep at it, one day, I know, we’ll get there. Also, planning ahead is an amazing way to keep your diet clean and just save time! (Not to mention polishing those planning skills! Could apply this skill to school too 😛 #nerd I know shushhh) Just take 5 minutes before you go to bed, think about what you want for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. Then, when you wake up, just straight to them, that way you’re less likely to reach for the baddies! 😀 Let me know what other methods you use to keep yourself motivated and healthy in the comments below!
3. What’s your must have, cannot live without, piece of food ? Peanut butter anyone?
Bananas!! They’re just the most amazing little things and are so versatile, you can make anything out of them!! Pancakes, dessert you name it!! Not to mention their amazing nutritional value and the sweetness of a ripe nana cures any sweet tooth! On a serious note, guys, peanut butter and bananas are a match made in heaven. That’s what I call true love guys. XD
4. What is your one must have piece of fitness equipment ?
My good ol’ jump rope! Nothing feels better than a quick jump rope sesh because it just kick starts everything in your body and gets your heart pumping. 😀 Pair that with push-ups, lunges and squats you’ve got yourself a quick workout! It also feels good when you’re finally able to say that you can jump rope without ending up in a tangled mess 😛 We’ve all been there, come on! XD
5. Smoothie or juice and what’s your favourite ?
Smoothies all the way!! Personally, I don’t have a favourite smoothie recipe because I tend to just work with whatever I have and just experiment! Don’t be afraid to just try out new foods and experiment with them to make new things because sometimes the results can just amaze you! Be sure to have fun and who knows, you might discover a hidden talent! 😀
6. Favourite foodie recipe ?
Anything Martha Stewart and Jamie Oliver because they have the most scrumptious recipes and they’re my go to guilt pleasures :3 I am obsessed with chocolate so a good brownie recipe will win me over any day everyday. 😛
7. Favourite work out song ?
The Great Escape by Boys Like Girls. This is an incredibly motivating song and with the fast tempo, it’s just an awesome workout song! 😀 Let me know what your favourite workout song is down below because sharing is caring! 😛
8. How do you work out ?
Typically, it’s a 30 minute session where I do a 10 minute jump rope session followed by squats, lunges, push-ups etc. and jump rope again!
9. If you could live any where in the world, where would you live and why ?
I would want to live in New York because it just seems like the place to be. It’s weird because i’m not one for crowds but for some odd reason, I’m just so fascinated by New York; it just seems like this place of endless possibilities, where anything is possible. I haven’t yet been to New York yet but it’s on my bucket list!! 😛 I may or may not have a really long bucket list ;3 #sorrynotsorry
10. One thing that other’s don’t know about you ?
No one I personally know is aware of this blog. I know it sounds odd but I find it better this way, because this is how I can truly be myself, I can discover life without restrictions, without doubt. Maybe one day when I’ve accomplished and found what I’m looking for, I’ll tell them, but till then, it’ll be our little secret! 😛
Questions answered, now for the nominees! *Drumroll*
You guys are all amazing bloggers so keep doing what you’re doing! 😀
my questions for you guys areeeee
1. When and why did you start blogging?
2. What is your favourite activity?
3. If you could do anything in the world, what would it be?
4. If you had to live with one type of food for the rest of your life, which one would it be and why?
5. Favourite song and why?
6. What keeps you motivated to do what you do?
7. What’s your favourite book?
8. What’s your favourite holiday destination so far and where do you want to go next?
9. What is the one thing or person you cannot live without?
10. And finally, a little bit about yourself!
Once again, thank you A Healthy Nut for this nomination, it’s been truly amazing and I look forward to reading all of your responses to my questions!
keep smiling lovelies!